Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Witches Came Early


After seeing Wicked again last night I am convinced why this is my all-time favorite (although I do love A Chorus Line, Cats and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers). I went with my cousin, Shanna, and my nieces and nephews, Brooke and Curtis, and Tyler and Vanessa. This play never ceases to amaze me. The costumes and sets are outstanding, not to mention the cast. Although I was a bit disappointed that Glinda's standby (Emily Rozek) was playing the part. Good, but nowhere near the magnitude of Megan Hilty or even Erin Mackey! The part of Madame Morrible is now being played by Carol Kane who I guess originally was on Broadway, but unfortunately her understudy, Linda Kerns, was playing the role last night. Too bad, I would have loved to see Carol Kane and compare her to JoAnne Worley who I thought was perfect. I love Teal Wicks as Elphaba, but I have heard Eden Espinosa is even better. Both Megan and Eden are returning on the 30th until the end of the run on January 11, 2009. My mom, Dean and Brittany (Rozlyn already went) want to see it so maybe three will be it, (number of times I saw Cats), that is until a movie is made! Wonder what the show on Friday night (Halloween) will be like?
???Does anyone know the difference between a Standby and Understudy???

2 comments:

jamieyk4 said...

I'm so jealous!!! I still havent seen it. We are going next year. It's coming here then. It looks so good

Anonymous said...

I also have yet to see this, all I hear is how good it is! Maybe when Greg gets back I'll make him take me, or maybe I should go with the girls?? Hmm, one of these months:)