Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thanks For the Memory

THEN


                                                                             NOW

Friday Feb 19, 2010 was a sad day in our home. We had to say good bye to our little pal Wicket. This was harder than I thought it would be. I knew the time was coming, but no matter how old your "puppy" gets, you never are ready. He has been a huge part of all our lives. The kids got him for Christmas 1991 and at first I was against the idea firmly under the belief little dogs weren't really dogs...boy have my ideas changed! He brought such joy to us. He was always there, licking your tears, running to you as soon as you came in the door, climbing onto your lap as soon as you sat on the floor. The true meaning of unconditional love. He would take turns sleeping with Dean and Brittany and eventually found his way into my room. When he was just a puppy he would go to school with me on Fridays as a reward for the kids in my class. I really think this helped develop his wonderful personality. I don't know how many of my friends got Shih Tzu's because they fell in love with Wicket. He touched so many lives and will be missed so very much. We all love you.


2 comments:

noelle said...

you had a wicket!? he is so cute. we were so sad when our wicket died, but you probably took better care of yours than we did of ours :). lucky dog.

Debbie said...

the kids named him...they may have even named him after yours. your wicket was a shih tzu also wasn't he? don't remember it being around for long, then of course i lost ambers dog (the black cocker)Maddie??? yea, we were lucky to have him for so long, beings i don't really take dogs to the vet much. of course i hate going to the doctor myself!