Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Rozlyn!

28 years ago our second daughter, Rozlyn, came into this world. I was lucky enough to have her come into my life 11 years ago, and it hasn't been the same since! For those of you who do not know her, she is our child who is always up to the minute on the latest fashion and especially SHOE styles! Rozlyn is the "to go to person" if you don't know what to wear. She is however our one who takes forever to make a decision, even on where to eat. She graduated from California Lutheran (in Thousand Oaks, CA) in four years, which, I'm sure you know is not easy to do. She worked several jobs while attending college, her favorite being Charolette Russe (what a surprise!). Rozlyn is a wonderful soccer player and was talented enough to play on several top club teams. She was fortunate enough to play in Europe, and received a scholarship to play in college, but chose to only play her Freshman year. Now she plays in a mixed league two nights a week, and can hold her own against most men. By "holding her own" don't be fooled to think this is limited to the soccer field, as she has been known to take guys (ie:Raul) to the floor with her punches to the stomach! Don't even think about wrestling with her unless you are training for the Olympics, as I have seen her give her dad a run for his money. She is still working at Honda and I think they have been very impressed with her skills. Her most important job however is being Devin's mom. If the way this child is turning out is any indication of how she is doing, she excels, as he is one of the best kids I have ever seen, (and that is not just me being prejudiced!). Of all the kids, she is the most like me when it comes to the emotional side of things (how important are genes really?). While wearing her heart on her sleeve she feels for others and isn't afraid to take a chance where people are concerned. Going to the Price is Right has been a dream of hers for as long as I can remember and Monday she has arranged for everyone to go (not real happy about leaving at 7 a.m. though). Rozlyn has been a wonderful addition to this world and I hope she realizes how much she is needed and loved. Happy Birthday RozyRu, we love you. (Fun Fact: Rozlyn turned 8 on 8-8-88).

0 comments: