Well we didn't get any pictures this Thanksgiving, which if you know our family is highly unusual, and disappointing! Raul had been sick for over a week, it was raining and I was even more tired than usual. We did have a wonderful time though. Brittany and Susan, a friend she works with, came up from San Diego. So all our kids were here = I'm happy! Raul and Jonathan deep fried a turkey which turns out better with each passing year. Brittany helped me cook Wednesday evening so most everything was done ahead of time! Every day I am reminded just how much we have to be thankful for.
To name just a few...
*We have four great kids who live within a two hour drive
*We have been blessed with two lovely grand kids
*Our health is basically good
*Our mom's are still around, in good shape and living close by
*We have a large extended family that are loving and supportive
*We have wonderful friends, both long time ones and new ones
*We have been able to retire and do some of the things we have always wanted to do
*We are able to enjoy our "toys" with our kids, family, friends and have experiences that we can laugh about for years to come
*In these hard times we are stable and have a warm home with food on the table Unfortunately, so many have it rough today
*We live in a time where almost anything we can think of is within our reach
*We live in a country where we are free to choose and even though things might not be as we would have wanted, we are blessed we have a voice in things
*Most importantly...We have the gospel in our lives that puts things in perspective. If we keep that in the forefront and remember to put things in the correct order, our lives will be just fine. 
Saturday Brittany and I went to see the movie Twilight. Dean saw it earlier and really liked it, which suprised me since his taste in movies is usually very different than mine. It was good, not as good as the book, but then again I seem to always enjoy books more. I was a bit dissapointed with the way they made Edward look in the beginning, a bit pasty, even for a vampire. He was much cuter by the end. I never understood the fuss about these books until I questioned my niece Shari. She informed me it was a story about vampires. My first thought...Oh great, I never liked that kind of stuff. In fact not only do I not like it, but it gives me nightmares! Tempting fate, (or maybe just giving in to peer pressure) I gave in, picked up the first book and was unable to tear myself away until I devoured all four! I was hooked. I am now suffering from depression because I feel like I have lost my friends! I want to know what they are all doing and what is going on in their lives! Sad huh??? Think I need to get a life?!? Stephenie Meyer makes you feel like her characters are a part of your life, always leaving you wanting more. The last page of Breaking Dawn actually said "The End" but remember Bobby Ewing came back in the famous shower scene a year after we thought he was dead. I can always wish...




Has anyone read or even seen her new book? Any comments???
3 days ago
+of+Cabo+Feb+2010+127.jpg)
1 comments:
I read the Host and thought it was good but not as good as the Twilight books.
We can't come for Christmas because Rich has his Family party that same day and last year we missed it because we were at the Nissle party. So we need to go this year.
Post a Comment