.jpg)
This was the road they rode up
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
My life seems to start out as planned. Start being the operative word. Then something seems to take a turn... We planned a trip to Italy, with Raul leaving on the 23rd of June and I would be joining him on the 29th. He was going through the Alps on a motorcycle ride with some friends. I was going to meet him in Vienna, spend a few days there then fly to Milan, visit "Georgie C" in Lake Como, then on to Venice. After that we were going to Florence, then Rome. In all Raul would be there three weeks and I would be there a bit over two. Sounded like a trip I really needed.
Well, I know everything happens for a reason, but I'm still trying to figure what that reason is...I was supposed to leave Monday morning, but Sunday I got a call from Raul's brother telling me his mom was in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery. She had a twisted intestine and it had died and infected her blood. Thank heavens he went to pick her up for church and found her. I scares me to think what could have happened.
I had no idea how to get ahold of Raul as he was riding and I didn't know what hotels they were staying in on their journey. I figured he would call me sometime that day, and when he did I had to tell him the news. Ever try to get someone home from Europe on the week before the 4th of July? Guess everyone wants to come see our fireworks. Add that to the wave of fans coming for Michael Jackson's funeral, and it makes for no flights. I couldn't get him home for almost three days and then the cost was about three times what we paid for a round trip ticket. Thank heavens for friends, sisters! Julie and Bill gave us their miles so I could get him home in one day. While a normal flight costs about 35,000 points this was 106,000! Yea you read that right, they really gouge you when you're down. Anyway words can not express the gratitude we feel for them. Now that is true love. Lesson learned, take your cell phone.
His mom was in the hospital for almost two weeks and just got home Sunday. Someone had to be with her round the clock, so everyone is extremely tired. She is staying with Richard, but is with us for a few days while they are at the river. She is lucky to still be here, and we are thankful for all your prayers. Guess it was a good thing it happened when it did. Can you imagine what it would have been like if it happened 24 hours later while I was on the plane to Vienna?
Anyway Raul had a trip of a lifetime and thoughly enjoyed himself. He said the pictures don't even do it justice. It was beautiful. We would love to go back, maybe in six months or so.
Funny thing is: as I'm writing this I realize our plane should just have come in from Rome!
1 week ago
+of+Cabo+Feb+2010+127.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment