We finally got another trip to the river this summer. We actually got to use our time share which is right on Lake Havasu. It is wonderful as we can leave the toys in the water the whole time. We were lucky enough to have two of our kids join us along with some of their friends. Brittany brought Katie, her roommate who she had known since sixth grade, and their friends Ana, Kevin and Tony. Yes they are "just friends". Rozlyn came with her boyfriend Jonathan and his son Jaiden and we brought our lawyer, chiropractor Jonathan aka "Dr J". We also brought our granddaughter Juliett.
It was 118 on Friday and cooled down to 112 the other days. On Thursday night I got several messages informing me of the fire in our area. I had no clue. I called my neighbor, Jill, and she kept me up to date. It was about three miles from our home, but she didn't think we were in much danger (at least that's what she said to reassure me!) Thank you for all your calls and offers of help. I even had a friend from elementary school offer to take the horse to his home in Malibu.
We had four days of jet skiing, boating, tubing and just having fun. I was shocked the lake wasn't crowded, but I guess with Labor Day being the next weekend people waited to come. We loved it. Copper Canyon was almost empty, a site you don't see often.
Everything went fairly smoothly until the boys got a bit daring and tried to occupy the same spot on the river with two different skis. A bit of damage, but the important thing is they are fine. A reminder of just how careful you need to be. About a month ago dear friends lost their 23 year-old son in a boating accident. Makes you stop and think just how fragile life is. Other than that the only thing was Monday morning while Raul was out for an early morning ride Juliett decided to lock the bathroom door from the outside. Hence I couldn't get in to use it! Did I mention we have a Time Share right on the lake??? Didn't have any other choice! Funny now, not then...
2 days ago



+of+Cabo+Feb+2010+127.jpg)
1 comments:
I am dying to come visit but now with the house we are nore than super poor. I will have to post before and after pics. It is really quite horrible but all is cosmetic things that can be changed. Even the outside color (yuck) BUt we love the layout and are super excited. Love you and I hope to visit soon even we just do a girl trip with my mom and sisters or something! I need that!
Post a Comment