
Some of my family, yes, there are a lot of us, and about 16 are missing from this photo! We need a new family picture. Let's see...Do I know a good photographer???
Well I guess I can officially cross off one thing on my list of things to do...I have been trying to start this for quite awhile now. I don't know what I am doing, so if you can offer help don't be shy, (not that any of my family or friends are!). Thank you to my lovely niece Brooke for helping me get set up. Jamie has been after me for months to do this and today I finally took the step. So here goes...
First the name...I have two darling grandchildren, Juliett (6 in Sept) and Devin (5 on May 14). When Juliett was under two she was trying to call me Honey, and somehow missed the "H" and said "Nunny". It stuck! On Easter the kids were making sheet tents in the Great Room and Juliett said something to Devin about "Her Nunny", he looked at her with those big chocolate eyes of his and proceeded to inform her that I was "His Nunny too!" Grandkids really are fun, they bring so much love and light to your life. I am so lucky to have them close and cherish the time I have. I only hope this will be the case with the future ones also. No we are not expecting any for quite awhile!
Most of you who will be reading this already know the story, but in case you don't I'll fill you in. I had two wonderful kids before I hit 30, then had two more when I was 43! The labor was quite different the last time and they came already potty trained. So now I have four, Jeannine 29, who is married to William and has a daughter Juliett, Rozlyn 27, is Devin's mom, Dean 26, and Brittany 23. The handsome man in the picture is my husband, Raul. We will celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary on 24 July (yes, Pioneer Day-does the song "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel" ring anymore true than marriage?). We finished (and I use that word very loosely) building our home two years ago. Although, I still do not have a backyard and there is a very long list of things that need to be completed (hint, hint Curtis! XOXOXO). Raul is working hard though to get the backyard done so we can enjoy it this summer. I think he is secretly hoping if he gets the Bar-B-Que in maybe he'll get fed more. I'm just waiting for the hammock! The horse and the goat are great, except the goat keeps getting out and has ended up in our kitchen several times. Not a great thing on the Walnut floors. We still have our dog, Wicket who will be 16 in Oct (I think?).

Raul and I went to the Stagecoach Festival the first weekend in May. It was really great. We saw so many people preform...The Eagles, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Dierks Bentley, Taylor Swift, Trace Adkins and The Judds. I know I'm forgetting some. Would love to get a group together for next year. Let me know. (You can pay me later for the ad Kevin!)
I finally got to see Wicked!
Raul surprised me for my birthday by taking me to Beso's and then across the street to the play. Cats and A Chorus Line have always been my favorites, but now this is up there with them. We also had really good seats. I loved it! Beso's was wonderful also, probably the best steak I have ever had. Thanks for the perfect surprise!
Raul surprised me for my birthday by taking me to Beso's and then across the street to the play. Cats and A Chorus Line have always been my favorites, but now this is up there with them. We also had really good seats. I loved it! Beso's was wonderful also, probably the best steak I have ever had. Thanks for the perfect surprise!
Devin just played his last T-Ball game yesterday. They started pitching to the kids about half way through the season, and most of the time he gets a hit. It brings back memories of Dean playing over 20 years ago, and things haven't changed much. The whole team still runs after the ball and wrestle each other to the ground to get it. They get bored and pick daisy's and hunt for bugs. My favorite story was the very first time Devin was up to bat we were sitting on the ground by first base and just as he got to first he noticed I was eating an Abba Zabba. Well his attention span is not one of his strong points, and he decided he wanted a bite now so proceeded to run over to me. He couldn't understand why the game couldn't wait a few seconds! 

+of+Cabo+Feb+2010+127.jpg)
5 comments:
Yah you have a blog now! I just love watching what everyone else is doing. Your pictures are amazing. I hope all is well.
Wonderful! you did it. I want that family picture. Can you email it to me? I love all your pictures.
Looks great! Good job so far! I love that family picture too!
Ahhh, finally. this made me cry. You are the best nunny ever and my best friend and (sis!!!) thanks for being you
I saw your comment on Noelles blog! Great to "see" you!
Post a Comment