That is a great slide show. I remember Uncle Dean and all the pictures brought back memories of him. My Dad sold his boat so it is just us that have one. We share it with some friends.
We met at Calle Mayor Middle School at the end of Dean’s 8th grade year. On the last day of school, Dean and a friend were playing around and Raul, being the observant man that he is, asked which kid was mine, which is a reasonable question unless of course you had seen the other child! My reply was, “Oh I can tell you are a highly trained detective being you felt compelled to ask that question”. However, there was something about him that caught my attention, despite his highly trained eye. We didn’t see eachother until September when he was assigned as the Resource Officer for the south end. He was teaching classes for the DARE program and the kids in my class obviously needed to attend. I volunteered to be the one to take them, and of course needed to stay with them to make sure they behaved! Well one thing lead to another and the next thing I knew he invited me to go jet skiing at the river with a bunch of friends. I loved it immediately and I think he was impressed that I got on and never looked back. We dated for over a year when he asked me to marry him, by having me arrested for a unpaid seatbelt ticket (I’ll tell the entire story later).
I am an only child with several "sisters". My husband retired from Torrance Police and now works hard in Real Estate. I was lucky enough to retire early from Torrance Schools. I have four wonderful kids and two grandkids. My mom is alive, well and lives close by. My entire family (with the exception of a nephew in SC) is within a days drive, with UT being the furthest. I love to work with horses, but also love to get dressed up. I cry when the National Anthem is played, when I see our service men/women, at weddings, and while watching Full House! I give a lot, and I expect a lot. I'm fiercely loyal, and have been accused of being opinionated(who'd of thought?) I showed horses with my parents and traveled throughout our beautiful country. I went to BYU, but never finished. Secretly I would love to graduate someday. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and it gets hurt more often than I care to remember. I have been told I am a "PollyAnna", and I'm fairly sure this is true, but I don't care. I don't like to think about failure, I like to think it's an education. My goal at the end of every day is to look back and be content with where I've been and proud of who I am, and what I've done.
2 comments:
Very cute Debbie! See you at the BBQ on friday.
That is a great slide show. I remember Uncle Dean and all the pictures brought back memories of him.
My Dad sold his boat so it is just us that have one. We share it with some friends.
Post a Comment