
Devin graduated from Southwood Pre-School Wednesday. Can't believe they have little motorboard caps, which by the way were stuck on with packing tape! Devin has been practicing singing a song about growing up and learning a lot. I'm thankful this wasn't the first time I heard it, because as you all know I get teary eyed very easily. He spent Tuesday night with us and before he went to bed he sang it again and got a case of the giggles when I cried for what was probably the tenth time. At least I didn't cry in front of everyone at his school. Wish I could blame it on hormones, but unfortunately I have been this way as long as I can remember. 
They handed out diplomas (which were really blank rolls of paper, and as you can see Devin immediately turned it into a pirates spyglass. He loves pirates and can tell you all about walking the plank. When he gets interested in something he really gets into it. Anyway, he is now officially a Kindergartner!
Angi's (one of my "sisters") daughter Kyleigh graduated from high school on Friday the 13Th (is that some kind of sign?). Dean and I went to Simi Valley to celebrate with her. She spoke at the ceremony and did a great job. Kyleigh was our Flower Girl nine years ago. Where did the time go?


We spent the night, and all of Saturday. The kids picked up right where they left off. It had been awhile since they had been together. Seems like the older they get they go their own way and it's hard to get all six of them in one place at one time. The only one who was missing was Brittany and everyone missed her. This time of the year is hard for her to get away as it is her busiest at work. We all stayed up late, went to the beach (where Dean didn't think he needed to use sunscreen-he's paying for that lack of good judgement today!), went swimming and actually sat around and talked. It's wonderful to see the kids different relationships and how they all get along. We all laughed about the crazy things that have happened over the years. Putting Cameron in the dryer, spraying a rat in the basement with spray starch, Angi and I running over the kids trying to get away from said rat, almost burning the house down cooking for Cameron's baptism because someone locked the door not realizing she doesn't have a key to her house, and many more. Angi's granddaughter, Jade, and her parents came down from Utah. It's such a special feeling to see the kids you watched grow up have their own kids. It's the next best thing to being their grandma!
2 days ago



+of+Cabo+Feb+2010+127.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment