Friday, September 26, 2008

One Last Time


Well, sadly summer is officially over. We made our last trip to the river Thursday through Monday. It was a really fun time and I was especially happy as three of my four kids were there! Dean went with us and Brittany drove up from San Diego. Rozlyn, Devin, her boyfriend Jonathan, and his son Jaiden met us on Friday, along with Raul's brother Richard and his wife Sandy. They are all such goofballs and it is fun seeing them interact with each other. At times you aren't sure just who the five year olds are! In fact Brittany got caught doing something and she immediately said, "The five year olds did it first!" They each bring a different part to the mix.
Raul misses the jet skis as he gets stuck driving the boat most of the time. I really enjoy the boat as it gives us the chance to all be together and we aren't stranded at a beach somewhere. Richard and Sandy brought their skis, so we had the best of both worlds. We are down to one ski now, but Raul has his eyes on an Ultra 150...I've seen that look somewhere before...
The boys each went on the tube by themselves and then together. I have to say they did a good job, but Juliett can still kick their bootie! They didn't want "Papo" to go faster, were holding on for dear life, and wouldn't even think about going outside of the wake. Whereas Juliett kept asking to go faster holding on with only one hand while resting her head on the other, as if to say "get with it, this is boring" if we were not whipping her out of the wake! Next year the kneeboard is coming out, and I'm pushing for the skis too.
I would love to get a houseboat next summer or a week or so if anyone has any connections...or suggestions. Don't even care what lake. We rented one with my family many years ago and it was sooo much fun despite all the strange things we had happen...an outdrive broke stranding us in some cove in the middle of Lake Powell (pre cell phones), a huge storm with waves crashing over the top of the boat, (yes, I do mean the TOP), losing all our shoes and running into quicksand. No one said our family did things half way! It was a trip like no other and I have a nephew who still will not get within 100 yards of any houseboat, even if it's dry docked (sorry Ryan). If you mention the word "houseboat" in our family it is a sure way to get a laugh. Memories...

1 comments:

Brooke Morgan said...

Looks like fun. We want to come next summer. Lets plan a weekend. We are game!