Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten



Well we now officially have both grand kids in school! Devin started Kindergarten at Arnold Elementary on Thursday 4 September. Rozlyn, Raul and I went to see him off on his first day and I am proud to report I didn't shed a tear!!! Of course Devin was fine, in fact he couldn't wait to say good-bye to us. His teacher has a wonderful outlook on life and seems to be very easy going (a huge benifit for a teacher!) A boy in his class even plays on his soccer team.
Devin spent the night with us Tuesday and was a bit worried about this whole "Principal" thing. Don't know where he got the idea of being afraid of her, probably some TV show. Anyway, after assuring him that the "Principal is our Friend" and as long as he did what was right, everything would be fine, he was okay. He also wanted to make sure I would still pick him up if he was sick. Although I was tempted to tell him no, he would have to stay and suffer all by himself, I chose to be nice and tell him of course I would. It's funny the things that go through their little heads.
Juliett is in First Grade at Torrance Elementary, which is where she went to Kindergarten. When I get pictures and more info I'll fill in.

















UPDATE:Add two kids moves to my list of moves since our wedding...Jeannine, William and Juliett just moved out of one of our apts and into a house in Lawndale. Rozlyn and Devin moved Labor Day weekend into another of our apts, so things are even more chaotic than usual.

1 comments:

Brooke Morgan said...

Cute devon. These kids are getting so big.